- 4 x 150g/5oz Veal Escalopes
- Fresh Breadcrumbs to coat
- 1 Egg
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teasp Olive Oil
- Oil for frying
- 25g/1oz Butter
- Lemon Wedges and watercress to serve
1. Place the flour and the breadcrumbs on two separate plates. Mix the egg, salt, pepper and olive oil and place on a third plate.
2. Beat the escalopes flat with a rolling pin or meat mallet then coat in the flour, shake off the excess, then dip them in the egg mixture and finally in the breadcrumbs.
3. Fill a large frying-pan with oil about 25mm /1 inch deep, add the butter and place the pan over moderate heat. When the fat is very hot, fry the escalopes, 1-2 at a time, until golden on one side.
4. Turn them carefully and fry them on the other side. Drain the meat on kitchen paper and keep the first ones warm. Repeat until all are cooked.
5. To Serve - Transfer to warm serving plates and garnish with wedges of lemon and sprigs of watercress.
» Germany Recipes