- 4 Turnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 teasp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 325g/12oz Sauerkraut
- 1 teasp Caraway Seeds
- 2 teasp Mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and grease a deep ovenproof casserole.
2. Place the turnip slices in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes or until just tender.
3. Heat the oil n a large frying pan, add the onion and fry gently until softened.
4. Drain the turnips well, return to the pan, add the mustard and mix well.
5. Place the sauerkraut and caraway seeds in the bottom of the casserole dish, place the turnips on top of the sauerkraut in an even layer, then cover evenly with the sautéed onions.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Stir well before serving.
» Germany Recipes