- 75g/3oz Plain Flour
- 1/2 teasp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 90ml/3fl.oz. Milk
- 90ml/3fl.oz. Water (approximately)
- 50g/2oz Butter to serve
1. In a bowl, mix together the flour and salt then make a well in the centre and add the egg and milk. Beat well adding only enough water to make a very thick batter. Cover and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Hold a colander over the top of the pan then slowly pour the batter into the colander, allowing the mixture to go down into the boiling water. Reduce the heat and poach gently for 15 minutes. The noodles will rise to the surface when cooked.
3. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain well.
4. To serve - transfer to a warmed serving dish, dot with butter and serve immediately.
» Germany Recipes