- 100g/4oz Streaky Bacon, chopped
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 450g/1lb Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- 1 Stick Celery, finely chopped
- 1.5L/2 1/2 pts Chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 8 Frankfurters, thinly sliced diagonally
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan add the bacon and fry over a high heat till golden. Add the potato, onion, carrots and celery fry for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the stock, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Pass the soup through a sieve or purée in a food processor and return to the saucepan.
4. Blend the corn flour with 4 tbsp of cold water and stir into the hot soup. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly then add the frankfurters and heat gently for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Serve hot.
» Germany Recipes