- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 900g/2lb Fresh Spinach, washed and chopped
- 225g/8oz Potato, peeled and grated
- Salt and Black Pepper
- A pinch of Nutmeg
- 8 Knackwurst
1. Heath the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry until lightly browned.
2. Add the spinach with just the water which is clinging to the leaves, cover the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the grated potato, salt, pepper and nutmeg, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
4. Place the knackwurst on top of the spinach, cover the pan with a lid and simmer gently for a further 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
» Germany Recipes