MBA Programs in Germany
Having a variety of countries where you can take an MBA, from which the USA and the UK are some of the preferred ones, you may also consider of taking MBA programs in Germany. Though not many German business schools appear in the rankings of the best business schools in Europe and around the world, Germany can offer you high-quality MBA programs with excellent business administration training. There is no doubt that really soon, the German MBA courses will be some of those which students prefer.
The importance of an MBA
Nowadays, managers and business professionals have realized that an MBA brings considerable job opportunities. This is one of the reasons why taking an MBA is a good alternative to take into consideration.†An MBA course is the best way to develop abilities and business skills. It also opens many doors at important companies that are looking for good professionals.†The areas covered in an MBA are: †Finances, marketing, technology management, e-business, e-commerce, among others.
There are on campus and online MBA programs in Germany. Those who canít assist or travel to Germany to take an on campus MBA, can choose for an online MBA. The Internet is the best place where one can find information about German business schools that offer online MBA services. Once you have decided for taking this option, you must research for business schools that offer such courses..
If you can afford the payment to study abroad, then, here are good reasons to do that.
- It improves the academic learning
- It allows you to advance in your career
- It develops your abilities and skills in the different areas of knowledge
- It allows you to make more money
- It allows you to learn about other cultures
MBA in Germany
Germany offers an excellent education. It is known by its outstanding level of education and research. Studying in Germany gives people the opportunity to be part of a qualified academic community. The MBA in Germany is aimed to give students a solid foundation in business. Students will apply what they learn to real world business situations, taking into account that the business environment is changeable.†
Germany holds some of the largest and well-known companies that produce motor vehicles, machine tools, etc such as Siemens, Volkswagen, Goethe, Puma, Bach, etc. One could think that Germany houses well-known MBA programs, but the true is that those are relatively new, because just few years ago, the degree called the Diplom-Kaufmann (4 year program) was the equivalent to the Masterís degree, that is why MBA programs in Germany are not considered by the most important rankings yet, but it will happen soon.†
In terms of cost, Germany offers non expensive MBA courses. They are conducted in German, or in German and English language. An MBA can be taken from one to two years where students get an in-depth knowledge of management and also of practice skills. The types of MBAs are similar than in other countries, there are full time MBA, part time MBA, executive MBA, and dual MBA. While a full time can last 15 to 18 months, a part time MBA can last 24 months. The executive option is taken by working managers who want to enhance their skills and get new knowledge about business.†
Between the specialties that MBA programs†include are:
- Entrepreneurial management
- Human resources management
- International management
- Project management
- Technology management, etc
Students who get an MBA in Germany are prepared to enter to a local business or to a multinational corporation.
MBA programs requirements
If you have decided to take an MBA in this great country, then, other things you must know about are the requirements. The following are the most commons:
- A bachelorís degree from an accredited university.
- A proof of having the enough English knowledge and English skills. You must take the TOEFL or other exams such as the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or the EUís internal English exam and get the required score.
- Letters of recommendations written by people who know about your abilities and about your performance at working.
- An essay that provides a better idea of you
- A required score by the university†on the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) or on the GRE (Graduate Record Examination).
- An up-to-date resume that include details of your work experience (work positions, achievements, etc)
- In some universities, the years of work experience of the applicants can increase the chances of admission.
If you are thinking to pursue this degree abroad, definitely Germany is a country that offers you a high-quality education.