Lowest rates on
Baked Sauerkraut with Apples
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 700g/28oz Sauerkraut, drained
- 3 Medium Apples, peeled and diced
- 360ml/12fl.oz. White Wine
- 120ml/4fl.oz. Fresh Beef Stock
- 1 teasp Brown Sugar
- 1 teasp Celery Seeds
1. Heat the butter in a large flame proof casserole, add the onions and sauté until soft and transparent.
2. Add the sauerkraut mix well and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes.
3. Add the apples to the sauerkraut mixture together with the wine and enough stock to cover. Mix well then continue to cook, uncovered, over a low heat, for 30 the minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F. Gas Mark 3.
5. Add the sugar and celery seeds to the cabbage mixture, mix well then cover and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
» Germany Recipes