Did you know that German is also the dominant language in countries apart from Germany such as Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein? And did you know that there are about 100 million native German speakers around the world? Sure, this is an important language to learn nowadays. If you travel to Germany to study a career, to learn the language or just to travel, then you can take the most advantages of your trip and learn the German language in this beautiful country.
First as an introduction, we describe the importance of learning a language, then we talk about learning German in Germany and finally we give you some advices regarding the similitude between German and English language.
People have different reasons to learn new languages, but most language learners know there are several benefits to it. The following list shows why indeed, people decide to take language courses: †
- Many people enjoy traveling around the world and it would be advisable to learn the mother language of the country you visit, it allows you to communicate with locals naturally. †
- Globalization has opened new doors around the world, more people decide to work abroad or start a business there, learning a language for them is not a hobby but a necessity; employers require people with language skills that par native speakers.
- More students want to complete their professional training abroad, and it is not hard to notice that the best universities are located in countries such as the Germany, UK, USA or Japan. Students know that new languages allow them to achieve their career goals.
- To occupy a good position, most companies require their employees handle many languages. They open doors in different labor markets.
- Most companies have international businesses. They require people who speak other languages to establish relations abroad.
- Learning a foreign language increases your abilities.
Learning †German in Germany
Germany is one of the most important countries around the world; this country is also the home of famous researchers, singers, composers, etc. There are many well-know universities there, most German universities are top ten in many international Rankings, but these universities require their students to speak and understand German language perfectly regardless of their native tongue.
For those that want to attend a German language course but have limitations of time, there are long-term courses of about two to five years, to short-term courses of about one to two weeks long which are perfect for them.
Learning a language is also a social activity, you can know many people from different countries with the same pursuit of learning this great language. To learn German in Germany will allow you to learn about the culture and traditions while you communicate with local people. This helps you develop your communication skills and improve your knowledge. † ††
German is a country that offers many kinds of scholarships such as courses to study German in Germany in their different language schools, or courses to study Technical Careers offered to people who donít have enough money to pay these courses. To access these scholarships you just have to visit your local consulate and fit the requirements that one must carry out.